Adventure Days · Hawaii · Travel Days · Uncategorized

Alaska to Hawaii for the Weekend – Our Last Day

We woke up early like usual. Had a bit of bagels and fruit in our room. Packed up a bit and headed to the beach to meet our Colorado friends. They had brought an inflatable SUP board along with full face snorkel masks.

The SUP and the full face snorkel were awesome! I’m not a super comfortable swimmer but that snorkel makes all the difference. Ty took all the kids out on the SUP board so they could check out the reef. I was able to take the SUP out and A sea turtle popped up next to me! So Ashley took the kids out two at a time on the SUP board. They all got to see the turtle this way.

Ty went to check us out 11, while we stayed at the beach. The hotel would store our luggage for us and then offered us a room at 6pm for us to use and shower in for one hour. Such a nice offer!

We also had signed up for a free lei making class. The kids actually loved it! They were so sweet making them for each other.

We needed some lunch at this point so we introduced our friends to the yummy hole in the wall, we’d found last time, Burger & Sushi. The name says it all! 😉

The family was staying just around the corner so we took our food to go and ate it at their incredible pool area! Then more swimming, of course!

We stayed here playing and hanging out till it was time to get ready for our flight. We got to the hotel and picked up our luggage. Went to our temporary room and that’s when I noticed L didn’t have any clothes. They had been left behind in the previous hotel room. 😬 A few frantic phone calls to lost and found, and five minutes later they delivered his clothes. Thank goodness, since he really only had his swim suit. We all got showered and cleaned up. Then took a taxi to the airport.

At some point L fell asleep in the carrier. So I carried him through security and while I ate a quick dinner. He woke up for a bit waiting for the flight but once we got onboard both kids zonked out. It was a nice uneventful flight. We got home about 7am. Ty went right to work by we let R sleep for an hour or two before taking her to school.

It was a whirlwind weekend but we made some new friends and had a wonderful time!

Leave a Reply